So I love DIY’s especially when it comes to skincare but who doesn’t. I came across this old wives tale recipe for dry skin a long time ago and for some reason never had the time to post it until now 😛
But it works and it is something you can create just from your kitchen pantry so I know you’ll love it.
Lush also has an oatmeal face mask called oatifix and a lot of the ingredients you will be using here are in the Lush face mask.
- 1/2 a cup of oatmeal (obviously plain don’t get the ones filled with sugar or chemicals)
- 3 tablespoons of Milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 of a banana
- Ground almonds
1) First soak the oatmeal in the milk. You can use water but I like to use milk since it’s a natural cleanser and it was rumored that Cleopatra used to bath in milk for her clear complexion. If it’s good enough for her, it’s good enough for me 😛
Also measurements are not exact, it’s just the way I like it, but play around with it until you get the texture you want.
2) Then I like to add honey to the mixture since its a great cleanser and great for your skin, you even find it as an ingredient in many skincare products.
3) Then I add a 1/4 of a banana, it’s usually the bottom bit of the banana that has turned black and since I’m not going to eat it, might as well use it! Banana is great for your skin, in fact many people use it alone and it works. Banana nourishes your skin and works as a mild skin tightener.
4) Last but not least we add the ground almonds. They work as a gentle exfoliator and help heal and repair the skin.
And Voila you have your face mask! Leave it for 10-15 minutes. It’s great for sensitive skin too and is very beneficial for your skin. Let us know if you tried it, we would love to know if it worked for you.